Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ballons by the Sea...

In the past two weeks my life became consumed with Psychology assignments, physics, kids, exercise and a lot of STRESS. I cannot remember a period in the past where I have ever felt under so much pressure or had so much to get done at the same time. This lovely period of my life just happened to take place just before easter, one of my best friends birthdays, my dads birthday and my own birthday. 

I managed to gain a lot in these past two weeks, including a really painful mouth ulcer. Being so busy and stressed has managed to teach me a lot about myself and one important lesson I learned is that stress changes you, it alters your personality to a certain extent. You begin to take things too seriously, you can't relax enough to have fun, you constantly run through everything you have to do and cannot give yourself any time off as this makes you feel WAY too guilty. Despite the stress and the workload it is really important to take time off in these stressful periods to see ones friends and to just chill out, do things that get your mind off all your stress. This will preserve your real personality, the real you that gets hidden underneath the mask of stress.

I have applied and received my new passport and so I am ever closer to finally getting to watch the Blackpool Dance championships in May this year. My Physics is going alright, I am ahead of schedule and so I feel more confident about my upcoming test on the 16th May. 

As a little bit of relaxation amongst all the stress I managed to watch a rugby game at the stadium, hosted a Pizza evening for my friends, visited my favourite place on Earth, Kommetjie and had a photo shoot with my mother. 

After the crazy week I got to enjoy the most incredible Mexican food at Chad's house for his birthday. My dad's birthday went superbly well, it followed the usual tradition of him loving the clothes I brought him and wearing them for the rest of the day and him crying when reading my card. This year, however, we started off differently, with a cycle :) 

My birthday snuck up on me, I had hardly any time to think about what it was that I wanted to do. I knew that I wanted my best girls with me, and they were. I had a crazy idea that it would be magical to all get dressed up, looking and feeling pretty and take photographs at he seaside in Kommetjie. This idea was magical although my birthday fell on a day with rain and a cold wind. This, however, did not stop us. 










Although we were freezing and ended up looking like drowned rats, we had a blast and the photo's turned out more beautiful than I expected them too. In life, it really is true that it doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing, all that matters is who you are doing it with. I had the best company. 










So, April is drawing to an end and I have gained a year to my age. I have learned a lot this month. I have continued with all my physical activity, I have finished my final two assignments for my first two psychology modules. I have gotten one step closer to getting to Blackpool, continued to spend time in Kommetjie, gone to visit my favourite teachers at school, continued saving for my laptop and had my monthly dinner party. Not to mention the photo shoot that I was involved in. Despite all the stress it has been a superb month and I look forward to the many adventures that I know next month holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment