Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goodbye's made easier with cake*

It has been a week of tying up loose ends and saying goodbye to all those I love. I have had to complete one more science assignment, which I have to complete after I have finished this post. I had my first Practical Counselling skills 1 lecture and I had a farewell dinner where, I have to admit, I impressed myself. I have even had to get over a cold :(


I did not get to finish all my monthly duties, sadly. I wasn't able to see my teachers or do the lotto. This is sad although I am hoping there is a chance of me entering the lottery in England. 


I am so excited to leave although there are people I will miss. The trip is great as it is not too long, so goodbye is not that serious. I whipped up a delicious chocolate cake and south Indian vegetable curry. It all went down well and left me further convinced that I have been blessed with great skill in the kitchen. 


When I return I will have to get a rapid start on studying for my exam which I will be writing at the end of June and I will have to step up my running to longer distances and more frequent runs. I look forward to the challenge. June is going to be a whirlwind of a month. I just hope I make it through unscathed. 


To those that I am already missing, (you know who you are) I am thinking of you all the time and will be wishing for your presence on my travels. I can't wait to see you again!


Lisa: You will be okay, I get back the day after Andrea and will make sure that we do stuff and have an amazing time with great photo's :)


Harsha: Don't stress!!!! Your exams will go well, you have been working hard this entire year and I have SO much faith in you. My fingers and toes will be crossed and i'll send you a long motivational speech before each exam to get you through. Sms's, old school ;)


Andrea: All I can think about is the amazing time Harsha, Lisa and I are going to have while you're in the DRC...
JOKES!!! I'm really going to miss you and how cool you think you are. Go make a difference, I know you will without even trying. 


All my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment