Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kommetjie, Strand and The Three Passes

Well, this week has been crazy busy with seeing friends, work, college, workshops and exercise. I don't think I really had some proper time to relax. On Monday I was still recovering from the cycling race although I have to admit that my legs punished me less than I thought they would. After work I went to my dad for an early night and an early morning cycle the next day. The cycle went well even though we threw in some intervals, which at that exact moment made me think I was going to die. 


I'm really enjoying college, the things we are learning and the people I have met. Interpersonal communication has become so much clearer to me and Freud's methods have led to a lot of thinking. I don't think I have had much time to myself this week, but I have to admit that I love being busy. One of my fears for this year was that I would be bored while all my friends were studying and that I would feel like I wasn't achieving anything of significance. There is no possibility of me feeling like that. When I'm not working I am studying, when I'm not studying I am doing exercise and when I'm not doing exercise I am seeing those few really important friends. 

I know that this year has been completely uneventful in terms of doing the typical teenage student thing and going out every night getting drunk. Sometimes I feel like I am being boring and that I am missing out, but to be honest I don't think I am ready for it yet. I'm not ready to face that environment again and I'm definitely not ready to face those people. I would rather see those few really important people and go to events that are away from what I'm trying so hard to avoid. At the moment it is much more important to me that I can wake up early in the morning and go for a run than it is to go out, get drunk, hook up with boys and come home in the early hours of the morning. It is a much larger priority of mine to get a good nights sleep, be able to wake up in the morning for my run and have energy with my kids and energy to do all the work I have to do. Some may think I am very strange, but I am beginning not to care anymore (I never thought I would ever see the day).


On Friday I did completed another task on my list. Going to Kommetjie more often. I said I wanted to go more often this year and I have started to do that. I decided I needed some quality time with my gran, to look after her for a change and have a good chat. I couldn't have asked for a better evening in my favourite place in the world.


On Saturday after I left my gran we went into Strand to do some property hunting. I was very much against us buying property in the Strand until I saw the place... and the apartment. It is a dream. The name apartment is an offense to this place, penthouse is a better explanation. It is my dream penthouse. 4 bedrooms all en-suite. Sea views from every room. A balcony. A spacious kitchen. An elevator in the room and a fire place. What more can one possibly ask for? It was love at first sight. I really hope we do get the place. It would be the perfect getaway for the family and even for my friends. I would love to take a few friends up some weekends just to get away from everything and relax by the seaside. I can see it becoming my secret hideout. 

This would be my bedroom:
The main bedroom:

Today was the Three Passes cycle race. 78km's and not to be underestimated. I think my dad and I are getting better. We raced hard today, keeping up with the racing single cyclists. We came second in the tandem group and 135 out of 637 riders over all. Our time was 2:26, which was better than we had thought we were going to do. Only 27 minutes behind the person who came in first place. Not bad at all I say. The feeling of racing is truly inexplicable. It's the best feeling in the world


So, tomorrow is Valentines Day and most single females would dread the day, but to be honest I am looking forward to it. I have come to realize, just because you may not be in a romantic relationship on Valentines Day, it does not mean that you have no love in your life. It certainly does not mean that you can't celebrate the love you have for the other important people in your life. So tomorrow I will see my family, kids and girlfriends. What could possibly sound better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment