Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And so it all begins...


It's 2011 at last and so finally my gap year begins. I'm so excited to finally start this journey. These past 5 days I spent in Plettenberg Bay, but now Im home and happy to admit that everything seems to be going well thus far. I have been running everyday and have been very encouraged as each day I feel fitter. So, number 2 on my list is in motion. I plan to start going to gym very soon, I just need to sort out my new contract and on Friday I will finally be returning to Yoga. I got a call today from a woman that works at the South African College of Applied Psychology and I have an appointment with her at 11:00 on Monday the 10th of January, it is looking like my goals for getting a higher certificate there are underway. 
While in Plett apart from running everyday I started paddling with my dad. I really enjoyed it and developed quite  love for the motion of gliding along the water. Our paddles were only about 5km but I have started my training for the canoe time trial at the vlei. I plan on taking part in the Twilight twelve, a 12km paddle at twilight. This usually takes place in the middle of the year so at least i have started training early and have plenty time to focus on other things before that time. 
Today I went to  a cricket game. Number 39 on my list is officially complete. Sadly, I didnt take my camera as I just got it today and with my luck I would get mugged on the day that I get it, so I decided that since we were walking to the cricket, my brand new camera could stay at home for one occasion. Besides the intense heat (40 degrees) it was a huge vibe and a nice outing. I doubt that it will be my last cricket game of the year. I promise that next time i will take a camera along as a means to capture the festive vibe. 

So far I am pleased with my gap year development. Number 60. "Remain single and unattached for the entire year" has begun. All ties that I may have had to one particular boy have been severed. It still hurts a little, but i know it's for the best. I need to be unattached this year to enjoy it to its full capacity. Tomorrow is RESULTS DAY. Im kinda freaking out, for someone who wants to study medicine one's marks can never be high enough. I just hope mine are what I want them to be... and more. So, here goes...I'll keep you posted :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment