Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I should have bet on Run for It."



So, at the last the day has arrived. The day of the J&B Met. Larger than life was the theme and it really was. Today I really realized that the perfect recipe for a great day is not the huge event, the thousands of people or the exciting activities taking place all around. A bad day can have all those things and still be bad, what makes the day great is the people that you spend it with. Today was great because of the people in it. 

"Simplicity and beauty is larger than life." 

Celebrities, Wine, Chip n dip, friends, photo's, horses, betting, colour, stilts, being on tv and so much more. 


Lisa and Andrea, you guys are great, but on a serious note, you really are. Dressing up would not have been as much fun, there would not have been as many photo's and it would not have been as great if you were not in it. So, thank-you. One of these years we will be standing on the podiums with our partners (I shotgun Christian) and looking even better (if that is even possible). I just hope that even when we do have our own partners we will still be together. It's our tradition first anyway. We really do not need partners/boyfriends to make our day great. We just need great friends. Luckily we have that already.


This picture of a girl who says that she respects those friends of hers that pose. Respects all on her, poser.

This week has been good, I had Orientation day at SACAP on Wednesday morning and I have my first lecture on Thursday the 3rd February. Work went well this week, I am really getting into it and learning the routine. The kids are great. In terms of exercise...it has been a "rest" week. I have still exercised everyday, just not twice a day like I had planned. Except for Wednesday. I have my first cycle race next Sunday, which I am kinda freaking out about, but also super excited for. Went to my first house warming of the year, was great fun again because of the company. Tomorrow I plan to hold a Sunch (late lunch, early dinner) as my January dinner party. That needs to be done. I still have no idea what I am going to make. I completely forgot to take the lottery. In all the Met Madness. I will have to do it on Wednesday, even though that is February, I'll just do it twice in February. Technically I did bet today, which is gambling, which is what the lottery is. So, I think i can get away with taking a late lotto ticket. Today we bet on Mother Russia and we each won our money back and R2 more. Not too bad. One more thing on my list that I can say I have done :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment