Saturday, January 15, 2011

While I have been away*

So, the last time I wrote I was just about to go for my first Argus training cycle and I had to make a decision about a job that I really wanted and needed, but was unsure as to if I would be able to manage with everything else I had to do. 


Well, my first cycle got me up at 5:15 on that Tuesday morning. We rode to muizenberg and back, which to my intense disbelief was only 26km. I really loved the ride though, if I had to wake up everyday at 5:15 to ride, it would be completely worth it. On saturday I got woken up to 5:00 to start our long ride of the week. We went with another couple up to Simons Town and back, a 2 hour ride. Besides Boyes Drive (which includes a nearly vertical hill that goes on forever) it seemed like a pleasant breeze. Afterwards I felt like I could go on for another hour if I needed. That 2 hour ride, however, was only 45km. How is that possible??? It has got to be more that that!!! This Sunday coming we have our first cycling race, just to get the feel of other riders in close proximity around us. It is 84km. I wish myself good luck for that one. 


This week has been an effective week in terms of exercise. After Mondays running and gym, I did a cycle and yoga on Tuesday. Wednesday I decided I needed off and to be honest I cannot completely remember why. Thursday I went for a run in the morning and gym in the evening and on Friday I ran again in the morning and did yoga in the evening. In just 2 hours I will be inside a heated room sitting on a yoga mat.

I decided that I would take the au pairing job as it is only Monday-Thursday and I do need a job. I should be able to manage my time well and at least I will have something to keep me busy at times in the year where I may feel lazy. I am awaiting a call from the mother, Natalie. I hope that all turns out well, but I am sure it will. 


On friday I went to my brother 5th birthday party, which was themed - Construction site. There seemed like millions of 5 year olds running around screaming, but the food was great and it was good to be around some family. 

I attempted strawberry picking. On friday Jo, Tessa, another friend and myself went up to Mooiberg farm in the hopes of doing some serious strawberry picking. To our shock and disappointment  the fields were completely empty. At least we tried and in the process got some great farmstall food and good pictures. 

This week coming up involves more exercise, handing in all necessary registration forms, cooking with Jo, a trip to the airport, applying for an exam remark and a killer cycle. I have also got to begin a serious diet as my dad has suggested that I lose 5kg's before the Argus, to make the hills easier for us. Lets hope it's a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment