Sunday, January 9, 2011

Surfing in Camps Bay :)



I had little expectations for today and it turned out to be an incredible day. It started this morning with yoga, a great start to any morning. My second day back felt so much better and I felt so much stronger, like this year yoga and I are going to become best friends, maybe even inseparable. Seriously though, I even considered the possibility of getting "Namaste" tattooed somewhere on my body (have not completely shut that idea out yet), but I'll have to wait a while longer to see how my relationship with yoga develops. 


The bulk of my day was consumed with cleaning my room. I have decided I need a major life cleanse and with that comes a major cleanse of my most personal space, my bedroom. I underestimated the magnitude of this task as I have come to realize that all the time I thought I was cleaning my room, I was actually just finding a good hiding place for or neatening up the rubbish that I didn't feel like sorting through or felt too sentimental to throw out. It took me 5 hours to clean a third of my room. There is still so much to do, but at least I can now say with pride that the little section I did accomplish today is actually immaculately clean, sorted and organized. I hope to finish the rest sometime tomorrow, although I do have a suspicion that I am being too optimistic. 


I then went to watch, The Tourist, with Harsha. It was a good movie I thought although to be honest, throughout the movie most of my thoughts were consumed with amazement by Angelina Jolie's beauty and  my intense devotion to Jonny Depp. 


On a whim Andrea, Harsha, Lisa and I went to Camps Bay as we had heard there was a surfing competition that evening. We ran into old friends and remembered why it is important to make plans with them. We got to see good looking surfers and feel the sand between out toes. What could be better than that? To bring the evening to a close we enjoyed Marcels frozen yoghurt. The perfect ending to a perfect day.


It has come to my realization (since my rule of detachment and singularity) that having that frame of mind really takes the pressure off. One no longer has to (if they ever did) feel the need to impress or make a strong impression. Instead you just end up being yourself, without worrying about what people might think and that is when you get lucky. I can see what people mean when they say that it is when you stop looking for someone that you find them. Its because when you don't care and when you are not looking, that is when you let go, when you are yourself and that is the best thing one can ever do. 


Todays lesson learned: Besides the one already discussed in the paragraph above, spontaneity is the best ingredient for a great time. It's when you have no expectations that you get more than you could have expected.

I have the interview tomorrow at the South African College of Applied Psychology. I'm nervous yet incredibly excited. I hope it goes well. Keep your fingers crossed for me. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. i love these pictures, putting them on facebook :) did you take the first one? bc it looks great -- like something from weheartit and omgosh andrea and i saw the surfer guy in a glamour magazine, he really is famous***

    such a sweet blog britt

    ReplyDelete