Monday, January 10, 2011

How much is too much?

I am beginning to worry that I am taking on too much in this short year, or I could be taking on too much. Today's interview went alright although I have to admit that I did leave feeling more confused than I did to begin with. It turns out that SACAP no longer does higher certificate courses only a graduate diploma. The problem with that is that I am only studying part time and I do not have enough time to get the full diploma. So, at the end of the year I will only have completed 6 of the modules in the entire diploma course. Apparently that can still prove to be significant on ones CV so I am hoping that fact is correct. I am still excited though, I have orientation on the 26th of January and so far my first lecture is on the 3rd of February. My modules this term consist of Interpersonal skills and counselling methods 1. 




Today Paige, my cousin offered me an au pairing job taking over the two children that she has been au pairing. I thought that it might not be a bad idea as I would then have a job and be able to help my cousin out. The more I think about it, however, I might be taking on too much. I would have to work everyday from Monday-Friday at 13:00-16:30, which may seem like good hours, but in all my other time I will have to squeeze in my counselling modules and the homework they give me, my physical science correspondence work, Operation Smile volunteering (or any form of volunteering) and all my exercise  goals. I have no idea if I will be able to do that along with au pairing. I really need to make this decision and fast because Paige tells her employers tomorrow. I hope I make the right decision as ultimately medicine is the only thing I have to focus on. 


I am still in the intense process of cleaning my room. Who would ever have guessed that one bedroom could take up so much time? All I managed to get through today was 2 cupboards and my desk. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to finally finish up the job.


This morning I went for my scheduled run and now I am off to gym. After that I will be staying over at my dads tonight as tomorrow morning will be the first Argus Cycle Tour training of the year. It should be interesting to see how that goes. Until tomorrow. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment