Saturday, January 8, 2011

Breakfast with a view


This morning was the perfect morning. I woke up and went for a run despite the fact that I had woken up a little late and needed to be at breakfast by 09:00. We got there on time and had a delicious breakfast at Rhodes Memorial with good company. I had to suck up a lot of teasing from Wade about how I only did well in matric because the standard has dropped since he wrote the exams and about the fact that he says I am fat, but I will not go down without a fight. I will get him back. He has no idea what is coming for him.

Weekend Argus, page 5, my name is in lights. Our schools top 8 pupils were published and I am forth, quite a shocker, but it was a pleasant surprise. 


Today I have also completed my registration form to obtain physical science this year and after I have got my ID certified I will email it through and I should be a registered student doing physical science. 
Kings of Leon tickets are now in my possession. The concert is on the 24th of March, so then my #89 will be achieved. 


Todays chosen outfit: A green boob-tube short bubble dress with a short-sleeved, long, lace cardigan tied together with a brown leather belt at the waist and gold gladiator sandals. 

I also cooked my first recipe for the year from Nigella Lawson's "How to eat." I made her caesar salad and it was a huge success (even if I do say so myself). I did add my own twist, I cannot lie. I added chicken to her recipe, used more potatoes for the croutons and added a few drops of caesar salad dressing. I did learn a great lessons from dear Nigella. When it comes to preparing croutons one must definitely use potatoes, without those the salad would be at a loss. The second lesson is that a very softly boiled egg is always beneficial when mixed in the lettuce. Best I get cooking soon or else I will never finish all the recipes in her cookbook. I'm thinking of seared lamb with hummus and roasted pine nuts in a pita for dinner tomorrow night. Sound good to you? xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment