Thursday, January 6, 2011

RESULTS DAY!!!

At last the day has come. To be honest, i didn't know whether to look forward to this day or dread it. I was extremely nervous yet without high expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. The best feeling in the world is when you get more than you expected and today I experienced that delightful feeling. I got 5 A's and 2 B's. One of those B's being 79%, which I have been told needs to be remarked and I should then get my A. So, that would make it 6 A's and a B, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. We'll wait until it has been remarked. I would be lying if I said that i wasn't slightly proud of myself.

Apart from it being great to get more than you expected, another wonderful feeling is when you see friends that you have not seen in a while and then finally seeing them and realizing once again why you love them so much, it's because when you are with them you can be yourself and they accept it, in fact they love it. It was so great to hang out with my friends and celebrate our hard work reaping great rewards. This is something I'm sure that we will keep on celebrating throughout this year.

There is a great guy who has been talking to me a lot lately and wanted to have celebratory cocktails with me this evening. A part of me really wanted to go, just to see what it would be like and because I was getting tired of the place I was at, but then  remembered gaol number 60 to remain unattached. I know that this particular boy, although great, is not really my cup of tea. I decided that I would refrain from going as I want to remain unattached  and cocktails this evening may have gotten me into a situation where he thinks there is an attachment and I don't. I struggle to get myself out of those situations, as has happened already with the same particular guy. So, I gave myself a pat on the back for rejecting comforting affirmation and sticking to the goals I set for myself when I was thinking logically.

Now that I have my results I can finally complete my CV and start applying for a much needed job, yet another goal on my list. Last year's work has finally paid off, 5 A's and 2 B's (maybe 6 A's and 1 B), Cheers to that! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment